Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shopping? Yes, Please.


Kat and I decided we needed a shopping afternoon.  I'll admit, it was my idea.  There's always a chance we could be out of here in two weeks or so and I wanted to get all the last minute gifts done.  Today seemed as good as any.  We walked from school to Jew Street which is lined with shops that just rip off white people.  Fortunately for me, I went back to the same shop I had been before.  They might rip me off a little but if I've bought from them before, they are more likely to give us a good price - especially since I brought in Kat.  We spent just a few dollars but it was totally worth it!  Kat was just going to join me but didn't need anything.  I'm happy to say...she spent more then me!  I think she's banned from going with me again though.  We always talk about how we are going to decorate our houses one day which leads to us buying decorations which leads to us spending even more money.  Oh well.... one day I'll have pretty things in a house that have a story behind them.  For example, when asked about where I bought some metal, tribal wall hangings, I can say they are from India and that this is what I saw on the walk to get them:

Meet Flat Rat.  It has a nice ring to it, eh?  You can still see the claws... nice.
and a tied up chicken. 
For Caitlin, with love.   Her pic is much better - she has a photo of one tied to a sewing machine. 

He made us a good deal... I think?
One of my favorite stores... lots of older looking items.  I'm tempted to leave every personal belonging behind and stuffing my suitcases full of items from this store to decorate my house with one day.  Okay, a bit exaggerated, but still a unique store.



1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I LOVE your chicken picture!!! I guess this is common everywhere in India... you'll have to look for more for me!